Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia...can you help!!! I…

Hello I am suffering...

Hello I am suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia...can you help!!!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I just came from the endodentist

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I've never had this before

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Connie Pennington

Hello, I am Dr. Pennington. I would like to assist you.

How old are you? What gender?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a male, age 43

How were you diagnosed and by whom?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr I need your help!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already spent $$$ at Endodontist

I am trying to assist you. Can you answer some questions?

Did the endodontist diagnose you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He diagnosed me Trigeminal Neuralgia

Tic Doloreaux is best diagnosed by a neurologist or neurosurgeon. Have you seen either?

What part of your face is affected? Can you describe the pain exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sure
....I haven't eaten solid foods for 4 days. I'm concerned

Does eating trigger the pain?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The pain is on the Right Side and it is a Shooting Pain, triggered by a muscle in my jaw, when I open and close or chew!

Your entire face? Is it ever on the other side? Anything else that triggers it?

Is there eye pain? Take your time and answer carefully.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd love to Talk to you but the pain is also triggered when I talk...The zings are get worst and more frequent!

Are there any periods where there is no pain?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's just on the Right side....it shoots from my jaw up my face
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as long as I keep my mouth shut
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Like right now lol
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No eye Pain

You very well may have Tic Doloreaux, or trigeminal neuralgia.

Stand by. I am typing a very long response.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No pain as long as I don't chew or talk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh my gosh is this cureable....I am a Preacher :( !!!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I an really hungry!!!

OK, this is the deal: The first thing you need is to see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon and get a confirmatory diagnosis. Sometimes endodontist miss a few things.

Medical treatment centers on medications, like Neurotin, Trileptal, or Tegretol, which often helps.

Surgical treatment is considered as a last resort--percutaneous rhizotomy or posterior fossa decompression. These are done by neurosurgeons.

You really need to get in with a good neurologist.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you...is there any way I can see someone tonight!!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I afraid to eat since I get the Zings, and Im afraid of Multiple Scorosis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Like I said I'm a 43 year old preacher

I doubt it. You will need to be referred to a good neurologist by your primary care physician. Call them tomorrow.

This is not MS. This is treatable. Get a good neurologist.

I understand, and we need you preaching again. I am so sorry. Also, pain medications will not help, so do not go down that road. Neurontin helps a lot. Your Primary care doc can write that script for you.

We work for stars, so 5 star this if it was fast and helpful. I am sorry you are in such pain. "Tic" as we call it, can be quite severe. Neurontin works on nerve pain the best.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr Pennington are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is ok to take Neurotin after I've been taking Motrin?

Yes it is.

It may take Neurontin a few days to work, and the dose may need to be adjusted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will definitely give you 5 Stars I wish you were local...what should I eat?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I a bit worried about MS...should I get an MRI?

Thank you. Try pureed foods or liquids through a straw. The salivary reflex may be making things worse.

Protein shake, ensure, instant breakfast.

No, very atypical for MS, I would not think so at all.

MRI would be up to the neurologist, and would rule out a tumor only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok you rock!!!!!! My Mom is a nurse I may have her chat with you again later...Thank You so much...how can I be praying for you?

You are awesome. Pray over my hands (as I am a surgeon), and my patients, all precious in the eyes of the Lord. Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Phil 4:6wish I could speak, and tell you more about this passage !

How awesome.

I actually have a MDiv from Regent University as well.

Medicine and Ministry are one and the same in by book. Big smile.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No way!!!! I am a graduate of Regent with an MDiV. I graduated in 2103
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
God sent you!!!!

In the future?

Me in 2008

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is evidence that HE never leaves me

Indeed. Best of luck my friend! Sending love!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr I must be honest, I feel a bit worried that this may get worst, and I am worried that I won't be able to Preach
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are a BLESSING!!!!! Thank You JESUS....LORD HEAL ME COMPLETELY SO I CAN PROMOTE HEALING FOR YOUR PEOPLE! :)

I have to be honest. Real Tic, like the real deal--it is so often misdiagnosed--can be quite bad. My husband is a neurosurgeon and operates on these people.

I think medical attention grabbers are obstacles only, lessons, a spiritual journey that we need to take to better understand this life. I am laying hands on you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok here is my website so that you can pray for me by face
www.thelivingroomchurch.netIf things get really bad, I may need to see your husbandGOD knows what He's doing!Roger Taneus
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I RECEIVE YOUR HEALING PRAYERS RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank you Roger!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blessings my sister!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok my Urgent Care is open until 8pm, shall I request and MRI and script for Neurotin?

Nice video in downtown Baltimore!

Do ask for Neurontin, they will not be able to do an MRI tonight.

Depends on who sees you and their comfort level. Most people refer to specialist. Tic is a rare disorder.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok...thanks

I am sure you can get in to see someone today.

5 stars would be appreciated as that is the only way we receive credit. Thank you!

Connie Pennington
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Connie I am taking Neurotin 300 MG for now... I Saw my Primary...I'll keep you updated.... Thank you so much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Keep praying

Indeed, I will friend!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Connie, so the Neurologist said I definitely have TN, and the perscribed me
carBAMazepine is that a good drug
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I keep asking you questions...I trust you I feel you are Godsend...I worried about starting a drug routine, I rather find Healing some other way... Does chiropractor work?

Chiropractor will not hurt, but may not help. Worth a try.

Do see a neurologist. Pharmaceuticals for acute care, to make you functional. Holistic stuff for long term care, to resolve things if possible.

I am praying!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Connie the found little white spots on the MRI that brings some concern....I am getting another MRA. I am trusting The Father to remove them all!!!

Ok, a vessel could be pressing on a nerve. They are doing a good work up! Let me know!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, the Radiologist said it doesn't look like a blood vessel but more consistent with MS :(, so my Neurologist wants me to have MRA and get blood work to rule out Lyme's disease. I proclaiming Healing by The Power of JESUS! Thoughts?

I do not know of any relationship with Lyme's disease. Goodness. I am glad they are being so thorough!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, keep praying ;)!

We are. We have done some research, and Lyme could settle in the 5th nerve, which would be better than MS, but both are super rare to present this way. A very high degree of suspicion is needed to nail down a Lyme diagnosis as some tests are not good at detecting the pathogen. We are praying for you!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok!!!! Thanks. Trusting in GODs complete healing!!!!

Were you able to preach today?

Happy Easter! Prayers for healing to you!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you!!!!!
Happy Easter
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Not today, but very soon!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hello Connie I have great news over Easter I was healed of all my pain! God is so awesome!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I share this with you because I don't think it was an accident that I met you I believe the Lord brought a neurologist whose a Christian neurologist whose from Regent to show me that he's always there with us especially in our pain :-)...
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
However I do have one minor concern I want to share I can still feel a little bit of tingling maybe only one to 2% pain that sometimes makes me fearful that the pain might come back? Do you think I should try I should take the medication or continue to allow the Lord to do his Progressive healing just wanted to know because I plan to start preaching again :-)... If it's easier you can call me at(###) ###-####
Your brother Roger
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
FYI I never took the medication I just allow the Lord to heal me divinely
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What are your thoughts? And what are your husband's thoughts? You two are such a blessing thank you

I am so glad things are better! I prayed for you in church on Easter Sunday.

I am an Integrative practitioner, meaning there are times when we need surgery and pharmaceuticals and I believe God's gives us many tools to ease suffering.

With any medication, you must weigh the risk/benefits. Neurotin is a low risk medication that really may help quite a bit. It's your call based on symptoms.

Try to replace fear with love whenever possible. Love heals these bodies in its own divine way.

Good luck, and I will try to give you a call later today or tonight.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you Connie sounds great!. Since I've been doing so well my dentist ordered MOBIC anti-inflammatory for the minor pain... Have you heard of this drug? Any thoughts?

Good anti-inflammatory. Make sure it does not upset your stomach, take with food. You should not need it long. Big smile!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you for your wonderful Ministry!
Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington