Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell down a flight of steps on Saturday, and have gotten a…

Customer Question
I fell down a...

I fell down a flight of steps on Saturday, and have gotten a sensation on blood running down my head even though my head never bleed. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Two days now. And my head is very tender to touch and I am tired. If course my body is sore from the fall and I am pretty sure I fractured a rib but over all doing well. Both of my pupils are dialated equeally.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a v.n.s implant for epilacy.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 3 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

If you are having weird sensations -- after a fall -- it probably would be best to have a doctor evaluate you and order a CT of the head.

The good news is that two days later -- you are doing OK, sitting at a computer and typing out a message, so the chance that you have a significant bleed or issue in the brain is very small.

But, you can't rule out a small injury without a CT, and if you are having unusual sensations, it would be best to get checked out.

Now, the tenderness in the head after a fall is pretty normal. Soreness is fairly normal. But we can't tell what's going on inside the brain without a CT.

Best of luck.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I think I will ride this one out. I just needed someone to reaffirm the sensation I was feeling wasn't anything to be overly concerned with. Thanks!
Best of luck to you.