Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had pain in my left buttock upper near SI joint and…

Customer Question
I have had pain...

I have had pain in my left buttock upper near SI joint and down my leg for 6-7 months. MRI done, X-Ray done, nothing out of the normal. I am 58 manual laborer all my life. I have had Cortisone injection,s an epidural near SI Joint and no on has and answer why or what, I figured I would give someone else a chance at a possible answer

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No, when I sit on car seat it raises the pain, I can use electric stim to calm a little

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do not believe anything else will make any difference. you will ask weight height and every other question, full workup was done and everything was absolutely fine with all blood work and tests

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 3 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello-

Did the SI joint injection help at all?

Does it hurt worse when you lean back? And get better when you lean forward?

SI injection no help, leaning forward or back does not change anything. I also had an epidural in lower back near SI joint from pain clinic lasted 2 days. Pain intensifies when I sit in car and as I call it the sit joint were leg passes over the edge of seat that makes things worse all the way from buttock to my foot.
Have they considered doing Emg testing?
I go back to pain clinic next week and we are looking at that and other option's as well. 7 months no answer and pain everyday. No pain pills because of weak minded people not knowing how to use opioid's, and doctors not prescribing them.
No, I have been to 4 doctors and was looking for another view point, but we are heading were they have been and are going to again. I need help getting out of pain and I understand why people look for alternatives now. Thanks for trying.