Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For celulities on the finger that has cleared after 3 weeks…

Customer Question
For celulities on the...

For celulities on the finger that has cleared after 3 weeks I was referred to a Hand Specialist. before theat I was given 2 days injection on Rocephin and Clindamaycin then started on oral meds of Bactrim and nafcillin. I went to the Hand specialist that started me on ceftizone 1 gram injection that will last for 21 days. My question is why that many days with no blood culture done

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am done with Bactrim and nafcillin for 10 days. No known drug allergy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic but they never ask me my medical problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Just to check here--the cellulitis completely cleared with those antibiotics?

No not totally I still have a little swelling but some drainage coming out. I kept it open to let it drain but with very little drainage.just answer me here please
I would rather have you answer here on website.Thank you

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept that

There'd be no need for a blood culture in this case unless you were showing signs of sepsis with high fevers and major fatigue

Since it sounds like that never was the case there'd be no indication for blood cultures

Please let me know if you need any more information

just wonder that 21 days of injection is too much until I will end up to be resistant to it. I don't see any sign of sepsis, no fever or major fatigue. so your advice advice it go ahead with th treatment?

The body doesn't get resistant to antibiotics but some bacteria can

But yes you should go ahead with the full treatment

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you