Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking methylpredinsone. How are you doing? On…

Hello,i have been taking...

Hello,i have been taking methylpredinsone

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

How are you doing?

Doctor's Assistant: I'm good, thanks. How can I help?

On the third day, I woke with flushness face and neck area

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

No, everything good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started when I woke this morning, the feeling of coming out of a tanning bed

3/26/2018
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

Is your question about the flushness in the face and neck?

Why are you taking the methylprednisolone?

I had a knee injury. tendinitis in the patella

OK, thanks.

What is the question you'd like us to answer?

How long does this take to work through the system? Is this common?

OK.

Many people will have some type of unusual reaction to steroid medications, and erythema - the redness/flush can happen.

But the steroid medications generally hang around for a few days, and I assume you are on a limited dosing regimen of the steroids (the Medrol dose pack? 6 days worth is a common prescription), so your symptoms should improve relatively quickly.

Hopefully you will also see the antiinflammatory effects of the steroids start to work in a few days as well.

Best of luck.

I had the 6 day. Thank you!!

You're welcome.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon