Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I jumped down from a step stool that was a little higher…

Customer Question
I jumped down from...

I jumped down from a step stool that was a little higher than I thaught. Now the back of my knees hurt and the side of my leg from the knee down hurts when I walk.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No redness or swelling. It hurts more when I get up from sitting and walking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have sciatica but this is a different pain

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 30 days ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How long are you having this pain and how severe is it in 1 to 10 scale? Are you taking any meds for it? Any movement restriction in knee?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It has been about a week. When I first get up the pain can be about 7 or 8. I am only taking over the counter medication. No movement restriction in the knee

Do you have pain in rotating or twisting your knee? Pain on extending your knee fully?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No, I do not

Thanks for the information.

It looks like a tendinitis or a very minor knee injury, soft tissue or meniscus. These are all manageable at home without much problem, just take rest, use hot water bag, and take OTC advil. Physiotherapy would be helpful as well. Give it few more days, you should recover. It's not broken bone. If your problem does not recover, or become severe, get a x-ray or MRI to get further details.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor