Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago with Panhypopituitarism.

I also had an addiction...
I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago with Panhypopituitarism. I also had an addiction to Vicodin for a couple years prior to that. Haven’t ever gotten a straight answer as to why my pituitary quit working, no tumor. Could it have been the opioid addiction that did it?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Usually it is autoimmune

so your immune system attacks your own body

In your case, it chose the pituitary

I don't think the opioid addiction would have been related

is this helpful?

it does help. I have always blamed my two years of stupidity for all of my issues with it. Thanks for answering.

you're welcome

everyone makes mistakes

don't be too hard on yourself

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor