Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood pressure is 155/80 is that enough to be worried…

Customer Question
My blood pressure is...

My blood pressure is 155/80 is that enough to be worried about?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

I'm 77

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Consistant

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, do you have any other chronic medical conditions? Diabetes, high cholesterol, history of heart attach or stroke etc.? Do you take any medications regularly?

blood pressure Just started on amlodipine 10 mg Was taking and still lisinopril 40mg

Thank you for that information. I seen you requested a phone call but the system is indicating a problem with your means of payment. Please speak with customer service if you would still like to proceed with a call or try inputting a different means of payment. Otherwise, if you like, I can still continue here through this chat alone.

Would you like to speak by phone or should I continue here only?

I am still here and standing by. Feel free to let me know if you still would like to speak by phone or just continue here only. Thank you.

There is clearly a problem with the payment method or processing on our end. Please contact customer service or let me know if we should continue here only.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

For your age group this is not a worrisome blood pressure.

Following measures would help you;

a) Patients with the hypertension do need to restrict table salt which is considered as a prime regulator of the blood pressure. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to no more than 2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride per day. It is also advised that adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/d), helps in reducing the blood pressure.

b) Following dietary and nutrition measure are strongly recommended to bring down the blood pressure;

A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products may lower blood pressure by 10-16 mm Hg.
Oral potassium supplement may lower both systolic and diastolic pressure. Calcium and magnesium supplements, too, decrease the in blood pressure.
Low alcohol consumption lowers the blood pressure.
Stop smoking, if you do and reducing intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol benefits tremendously in overall cardiovascular health.
Following reduce and regulate the blood pressure:

1) Garlic

2) Fish oil

3) Herb Hawthorn

4) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.