Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does this shoulder mri mean?

What does this shoulder mri mean?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

No fractures anywhere

You have tendinosis--inflammation and thickening of the supraspinatus muscle tendon which is part of the rotator cuff--a collection of muscles around the shoulder

Impingement syndrome refers to that tendon being a little stuck in its sheath

And the glenohumeral chondromalacia refers to some arthritis in the shoulder joint itself

I don't see any surgical condition anywhere in this

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I should not expect shoulder surgery?

No--you need physical therapy for this and possibly a cortisone injection, but there's nothing there that needs surgical repair

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you.
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor