Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been having erection issues I used to be locked and…

Customer Question
I’ve been having erection issues...
I’ve been having erection issues I used to be locked and ready to go all day long the thought of having sex would get me and erection, now sometimes I get weak erections to going soft and during the day my penis feels dead, I’m 31 and in good shape this has been happening for a few months now
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Is it happening every time? Are you able to get erection in another way or with another partner? Are you on any meds?

I can get erections they aren’t as strong, I only have one girlfriend. I can’t get erections when try to masterbate, no meds

Was it totally normal before? have you been evaluated for it? Any ongoing stress or depression?

It used to be normal before I went to bed with a erection and woke up with one. The thought of sex used to get me one, now it feels dead down there. I got blood test and they were all normal and no I don’t have stress that I know of

Thanks for the information.

Erectile dysfunction (ED) results from a complex process; there are many contributing factors which could be physical, psychological, or drug induced. Thus, the cause of the problem has to be targeted to get rid of this problem. Some of the known risk factors are:Medical conditions, particularly diabetes or heart conditions; Tobacco use, Being overweight; Injuries, particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections;Medications; Psychological conditions,such as stress, anxiety or depression; Drug and alcohol use.

In your case, everything has been ruled out and the likely possibility would be psychological. This is the only condition when all your test results would be normal and still have ED problem. I think you need to engage yourself in exercise, take a break, and avoid sex for a week. If required, you can also talk to your doctor for sex therapy to help you come out of this situation.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Could this be a result from having sex every day twice a day sometimes 3 times. I can get erections but sometimes it takes a while and I don’t get them right away.

Yes, if you are having several sexual activities in a short period of time. You can see this kind of problem but are usually temporary. You can take a break and reduce the number sexual contact to feel it better.

Take care,