Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How does chlamydia last in your body after treatment.

Customer Question
How long does chlamydia...

How long does chlamydia last in your body after treatment

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Discharge and burning when urinating

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Like 3 weeks but I was treated 3 days ago they gave me four pills

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Can you tell me please, was the treatment you were given azithromycin, all four tablets taken at once?
No
Thank you for that information. Apologies for not first introducing myself, my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you.
In that case, the chlamydia is no longer in your body. Much like any other infection, for instance, strep throat, once you take the antibiotics the bacteria is eradicated and gone from your body. Can I help with any other questions?
how long does symptoms last
Symptoms due to the inflammation that was caused by the chlamydia can linger for about 7-10 days, but generally diminish by day 5 and continue to reduce day by day until gone. Any other questions?

I hope I have provided you with helpful information in answering your question. It's been my pleasure to assist you today. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.