Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Muneeb, i have a medical question to ask, will you be

Customer Question
Hi Dr Muneeb, i have...
Hi Dr Muneeb, i have a medical question to ask, will you be available to help?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome back. Sorry i was offline earlier but i am available now, please ask your question.

My period was supposed to be due on 22...
My period was supposed to be due on 22 feb 2018 but it didnt come. Prior to that i was really busy with my home renovation and work. I seldom had skipped period for a month and this is the 2nd time in my life that happens to me. Till now, my period has yet to arrive but my breast has been feelingsore for the past 1 week. Is this a cause for concern? anything serious? I am not pregnant.

Thanks for this question,

Actually missing a period at your age is not very concerning as in a majority of the cases the cause is usually a hormonal imbalance. A hormonal imbalance can be caused by various issues however the commonest one is anxiety or stress. It can also be caused excessive exercise, physical activity, changes in diet, infections anywhere in the body among other causes. in most cases, the problem would usually resolve itself within the space of 1-2 months however if necessary it can be diagnosed with the help of a complete hormonal blood panel, a pelvic examination, and ultrasound and then can be treated with medications which would restore the cycle within a month.

the second possibility is that of a thyroid disorder. In most women, the first sign of a thyroid disorder is usually an absent period and a simple thyroid function test would be diagnostic in that situation. Treatment for either hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism would be required based on the test.

But this does NOT sound like anything serious, if you don't get your period again in the next couple of days then get the hormonal blood panel done and get started on medications which should reverse the problem easily.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Hi Dr Muneeb,Thanks for your response. Can i just check with you can a missed period cause by pcos? And for pcos, does it have any other accompanying symptoms besides missed period?Also, my breast has been feeling sore for about 1week plus and my menses has yet to come. Can i just check what is the average time frame for one to feel tenderness in breast before the period comes?In the past i did skip 2 cycle of periods and the doctor say its normal, its that true?Lastly, can people with panic disorder tend to missed more period than others?
pcos can cause missed period and usually it is the first symptom, other symptoms come later in lost cases.
Yes patients with anxiety disorders tend to miss more periods than other patients and it is considered normal in that situation.
my breast has been feeling sore for about 1week plus and my menses has yet to come. Can i just check what is the average time frame for one to feel tenderness in breast before the period comes?Does pcos treatment requires surgery?
Usually pcos can be managed with medications quite effectively and in most patients no surgery is needed. Secondly, you can experience tenderness for a few days or even a week before a period occurs.
Is this any home remdies to induce period?

Unfortunately no, only prescription medications can be used to induce a period.