Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have ring worms and im trying to find some type of cream…

Customer Question
I have ring worms...

I have ring worms and im trying to find some type of cream or something to get rid of it so far i try apple cider vinegar and lotrimine cream and now im try blue oinment but the blue star ointment is burning my skin and turning it red what should i do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

I siad i have had it for about a month now i didnt realize what it was until it got bigger no i havent notice any changes in skin or nails

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

ring worms area a type of skin fungal infection

you would need antifungal creams like clotrimazole (lotramin) or tinactin (tolnaftate) which are over the counter 3-4 times a day for 4-6 weeks to get rid of skin fungal ring worm infection.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yea i used the lotramin but there was no change if anything the area got bigger. i would like to get rid f this as soon as possible.

can you upload a clear photo of the skin/

it may or may not be ring worm.

Family Physician, Doctor