Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My palms are very red and the ends of my fingers itch and…

Customer Question
My palms are very...

My palms are very red and the ends of my fingers itch and are painful

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Started last night. Nothing hellps or makesit worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had breast cancer two years ago. Had Chemo, don't know exactly what type.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't believe his is a skin condition, The redness on my palms has faded. the ends of my fingers and under my fingernails are painful and itchy. it seems to be internal not external.

Hi...I agree with you. I know it is not just skin related the moment you told the tips are swollen and itchy.

It could be an angioedema or urticaria.

But the tightness of the skin and surrounding skin appearance will give me clinical clue, that is the reason why I asked for images.

No issues if you cannot post them.

I am sorry for the symptoms but they can be really irritating and persistent.

The trick of management is that you need to be getting an antihistamine at regular intervals round the clock into the system to keep the allergic response at bay.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm

2. Syr Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD