Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I feel im retain water in my leg area they are swallowed up…

Customer Question
I feel im retain...

I feel im retain water in my leg area they are swallowed up and hard to bend over and continue sweating in private area yes iim few pound ovrr weight but i feel that im retain water

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes in legs and my caves are red at times

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
You seem to be developing bilateral pedal edema which is indicative of fluid retention as you have mentioned in your question.
This needs to be investigated as it can have different underlying reasons.
Major causes of fluid retention in this manner include kidney dysfunction, inability of heart to pump blood efficiently, anaemia that is decreased hemoglobin and decreased protein especially albumin in the body.
You need to have blood test for kidney function and liver function, echocardiography and ECG to look at Heart function and blood counts.
Meanwhile medicines which are able to induce fluid loss through urine known as diuretics can be used.
You need to see your doctor to have yourself evaluated as mentioned above in my answer.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is thier some medicine i can take now
Do you have any medicines at hand?
If yes, please let me know what medicines you have.
As I have not received any answer from you, I will go ahead with my answer.
There are no over the counter drugs you can take for the condition.
Diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide or chlorthalidone can be considered if you have them handy.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor