Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Precum and HIV I need to talk to someone on the phone

Second opinion] Precum and HIV...
Second opinion] Precum and HIV I need to talk to someone on the phone
3/26/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Please ask your question.

Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
DIEGO BONILLA
Phone call session started
The call did not work

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

We can continue with the chat. Please ask your question.

Thank you!

Please try again with the phone call

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I am not able to call you. However, another expert may try to call you. You can continue with the chat here if you have any questions.

Thank you!

If an HIV positive person is the top and he inserts without a condom for 3 min what is the risk. There was no ejaculate. started PEP 12 hrs after exposure but was 12 hrs late on my second dose. Is this ruined now?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Even with unprotected sex (without any condom use), the chance of becoming infected after a single exposure to an HIV-infected person is very low, and this (the low risk) is based on a study in the Rakai district of Uganda where one partner was infected and the other was initially uninfected. In this study, it was found out that the overall risk of HIV transmission rate was 0.12% per coital act.
This is a very very low risk.

Regarding PEP you should not worry regarding this but continue to take the medications as prescribed and they will still be effective.

Take care.