Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can i ask a doctor a question right now in regards to an…

Can i ask a doctor...
Can i ask a doctor a question right now in regards ***** ***** enlarged spleen related to sports?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your question please?

For an enlarged spleen due to sports injury on left hip, whats common treatment and suggested lifestyle changes in the immediate future?
im seeing a doctor anyway tomorrow, i'd like a written answer soon please, thank you
no phone call

Spleen do not enlarge due to injury unless there is bleeding in it.

Spleen in underneath the left lower chest. It is not on left hip.

I need more detail about the injury and your symptoms and if you can post some pictures.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

i dont have any symptoms aside from swelling and redness. so there's bleeding in it? will i be fine?

What is your age?

Was there a hip injury?

How did the injury occur?

How severe was the impact?

How big is the swelling and where is it exactly situated?

27, yes from playing goalie in soccer.. theres not one occurence i can think of.. just a lot of diving on turf.. next day a lot of bruising on left hip.. since then its swollen and it looks like i gained 20 points on the left side of my midsection.. it hurts a bit when i run, but i have been pretty active since.. this happened 10 days ago.. It doesnt hurt when i'm not doing anything.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This seems to be some blood collection which is termed as hematoma.

A rest of two weeks is advised.

Following would be helpful;

1) Ice compresses.

2) Abdominal / back brace.

3) Tylenol.

4) Local analgesic cream / spray.

5) Avoid injuries.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you?

The fee was $25 correct?
Also, can i still work even though my job involves walking around for 2-3 miles over 9 hours?
Sometimes more miles

We experts do no know about the fee as it is seen by the site administration.

Walking is not prohibited usually.

Avoid those activities which are painful.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Right now I think you were great. But i'll know for sure within a day or so. Thanks for your help and time

You are most welcome.

Have a great evening and rest of weekend.

you as well