Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If been noticing my sl. Spo2 dropping

Customer Question
If been noticing my...

If been noticing my sl

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Spo2 dropping

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I've noticed my spo2 dropping. The lowest I've seen it at was 88. That was very temporary. Usually I stay between 90 and 95 occasionally I am at 97. Went to pulmonologist and he suggested that I may have asthma. Put me on symbicort and singulair. Been on for almost a week and I don't notice any difference
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Getting occasional pains in chest and belly. I had lung xray and blood work that has come back good. They say the pain I have is muscular skeletal pain. I tested positive for something called hla-b27 but negative for AS which is the main concern for someone with HLA-B27
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 30 days ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you had a CAT scan of the chest?

have you had a CAT scan of the chest?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

I have in the past nothing recent though. Let visits to ER they did blood work for a blood clot and a chest xray

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 29 days ago

You need a CAT scan of the chest to rule out blood clot

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

They did a d-dimer test and 2 chest xrays

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

They actually did 2 d dimer tests. 2 weeks apart

What were they?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

Both d-dimer tests were negative for blood clot and both lung xrays came back good

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

I had them done at the hospital

Ok good.

you still need a CAT scan for other issues too

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

Will a blood clot hurt when you move your neck? I also complained of pain in the right upper back/chest when I move my head. They said that was a separate issue and they believed that I have just pulled a muscle

yes

absolutely

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

Yes a blood clot will hurt your neck when moved? It feels like a pulled muscle like they say but just not sure

Yes, it could

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

How accurate is the d-dimer test in ruling out blood clot?

It is pretty accurate

it is a solid test

but I don't know why your oxygen is low

that is why the CAT scan is a must

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

Should I go to a er and ask for a cat scan of chest? Is there any other method that is safer? I know cat scans expose you to high levels of radiation. I have had them in the past and it makes me nervous repeating them

Yes, you should

I know it is radiation but this needs done for sure

Customer reply replied 29 days ago

My pulmonologist says I have asthma and that's the reason for the low spo2. He put me on symbicort and singular and also put me on doxycycline in case there's a infection. Could this be a accurate diagnosis?

Yes, but it didn't help

if it was asthma it would have

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 27 days ago

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Customer reply replied 27 days ago

Went and had a cat scan done and it came back good. Breathing test on Friday. To add to what I told you before I also blow blood out of my nose whenever I blow it but My doctor says this is normal and My nose might just be dry. Just seems weird to always have blood when I blow my nose

I agree

but it could be from the oxygen drying you out

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 24 days ago

Thanks for this question

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor