Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If been noticing my sl. Spo2 dropping

Customer Question
If been noticing my...

If been noticing my sl

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Spo2 dropping

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I've noticed my spo2 dropping. The lowest I've seen it at was 88. That was very temporary. Usually I stay between 90 and 95 occasionally I am at 97. Went to pulmonologist and he suggested that I may have asthma. Put me on symbicort and singulair. Been on for almost a week and I don't notice any difference
Getting occasional pains in chest and belly. I had lung xray and blood work that has come back good. They say the pain I have is muscular skeletal pain. I tested positive for something called hla-b27 but negative for AS which is the main concern for someone with HLA-B27
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you had a CAT scan of the chest?

have you had a CAT scan of the chest?

I have in the past nothing recent though. Let visits to ER they did blood work for a blood clot and a chest xray

You need a CAT scan of the chest to rule out blood clot

They did a d-dimer test and 2 chest xrays

They actually did 2 d dimer tests. 2 weeks apart

What were they?

Both d-dimer tests were negative for blood clot and both lung xrays came back good

I had them done at the hospital

Ok good.

you still need a CAT scan for other issues too

Will a blood clot hurt when you move your neck? I also complained of pain in the right upper back/chest when I move my head. They said that was a separate issue and they believed that I have just pulled a muscle

yes

absolutely

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Yes a blood clot will hurt your neck when moved? It feels like a pulled muscle like they say but just not sure

Yes, it could

How accurate is the d-dimer test in ruling out blood clot?

It is pretty accurate

it is a solid test

but I don't know why your oxygen is low

that is why the CAT scan is a must

Should I go to a er and ask for a cat scan of chest? Is there any other method that is safer? I know cat scans expose you to high levels of radiation. I have had them in the past and it makes me nervous repeating them

Yes, you should

I know it is radiation but this needs done for sure

My pulmonologist says I have asthma and that's the reason for the low spo2. He put me on symbicort and singular and also put me on doxycycline in case there's a infection. Could this be a accurate diagnosis?

Yes, but it didn't help

if it was asthma it would have

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Went and had a cat scan done and it came back good. Breathing test on Friday. To add to what I told you before I also blow blood out of my nose whenever I blow it but My doctor says this is normal and My nose might just be dry. Just seems weird to always have blood when I blow my nose

I agree

but it could be from the oxygen drying you out

Thanks for this question