Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I don't have a credit card. Just reading previous answers. I…

Customer Question
I don't have a...

I don't have a credit card . Just reading previous answers.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have type 2 diabetes , high blood pressure. I am having issues with my kidneys. My creatinine # is 134 and my GFR is 40. That was in Nov 2017 . My Dr missed it. I am going tomorrow for a new test. I'm framing out.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes and type 2 diabetes . I have had almost all the symptoms of stage 3 kidney failure. The GfR of 40 says it is in the stage 3b range.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My blood sugar has been high for a long time.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I have been diagnosed with neuropathy, amyotrophy and autonomic neuropathy.
opps my a1c was 11.0 in Aug 2017.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

I'm very sorry about this diagnosis

Most likely you have chronic kidney disease from diabetes

You can improve it with strict blood sugar control

you have to get your A1c around 7.0 and the kidney function will improve

But I won't sugar coat it. There is definitely some damage done

But you can live a very normal life with this amount of kidney function

Is this helpful?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I had a blood test on Monday and my creatinine was 73 and my GFR was 60 . Am I still in kidney failure ?

Technically, not really

you are borderline

but that is great news!

that means your kidneys have recovered a lot

get your diabetes under control and you will be fine

One last question , I had a MRI done a few years ago and my Dr said the results were nothing to worry about. Would you look at it and give me your opinion ?

Sure if you accept a small additional fee I can answer as many questions as you like

Thanks for this question I strive for 5 star service for all customers If you have more questions, just reply. :)