Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I been bleeding when I got. I been bleeding for the last 3…

I been bleeding when...

I been bleeding when I got

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I been bleeding for the last 3 weeks when I pass my bowels . Metphomen. Metoprolol ,vine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes, high colostrol

3/26/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old are you? Do you see this bleeding at the end of bowel movement or mixed with stool? Is there pain, itching? How much is the bleeding?

59 years old . It's at the end sometimes in the stool . Sometimes when I just pass gass. Not a lot bright red blood .

Thank you for the information. Passing blood in stool is not normal and there must be a reason behind it. Many times bleeding is the first sign of disease, so proper evaluation is required. There are many causes of blood in stool, some of them are hemorrhoids, fissures, polyps, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, angidysplagia, malignancy. Since the amount of bleeding is small, and you see at the end of bowel movement most of the time, it could be due to hemorrhoids, but other cause also possible. OTC preparation H is helpful for hemorrhoids and you can try. But still, I feel like you should get a stool test and exam to rule out other causes of bleeding.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor