Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain in my back between my shoulder blades and I am…

I have pain in...

I have pain in my back between my shoulder blades and I am not sure if it muscular or skeletal related. Can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had no recent injuries but I do have tendonitis in both my shoulders. I also do a lot of sitting at the computer and thinks like that on hard surfaces. I just am not sure if it could trapped gas or something more serious.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am over 50. I do not have any heart issues but I do have frequent heartburn which I do take over the counter. I have recently had a papilloma removed from my breast as well.

3/25/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

How long has he been in pain?
that makes the pain worse?
Does lifting your arms increase the pain?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well it has been off and on tolerably for about a week. Not sure if lifting my arms increases the pain it just seems to be there and was little worse this more after I ate.

do you suffer from reflux or stomach acid?
have you been under stress?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do. I have been under a lot of stress at work and working long hours plus on the weekends.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is actually the first weekend I have not brought my computer home or driven to work to try to get ahead of the incredible workload going on in my department. I am a control freak and I have been behind so I have been trying to work extra hard to get ahead. It has not worked, though. It has been the same with the whole department.

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No problem. Thank you.

Dear friend, in this case, it is impressive that it has two components that affect you.
The first is the muscular generated by your work, since long work activities in front of a desk or computer generate tension in the shoulders, back, and neck, contracting the muscles.
The stress also generates an increase in acidic acid that generates gases that rise up the esophagus and irritate nearby structures.
All of this generates the syntheses between the shoulder blades,
You should NOT be alarmed, I'm going to suggest a medical treatment, but first, you should lower your stress, I suggest you stretch your back and cervical spine while you work.
I suggest you start omeprazole 20mg daily.

I suggest the following medical treatment with an analgesic such as Diclofenac 50 mg(1) one tablet every 8 hours for 5 days in addition to a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) one tablet at night for 10 days

do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thank you very much. Your answer makes sense. However what are Diclogenac and Tizandine?

Diclofenac is an analgesic (cataflam) or ibuprofen is an alternative.
Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant. Another option is 10mg cyclobenzaprine.

it has been a pleasure.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. Your answers have helped me feel better.

thanks. take care.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor