Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Thursday I was exposed to something that caused excessive…

Customer Question
Thursday I was exposed...

Thursday I was exposed to something that caused excessive sneezing and runny nose. Now I hear crackling and gurgling im my lungs with a very dry gagging cough

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Started Thursday. Began as sneezing and runny nose. Went into allergy type symptoms but now just the dry gagging cough and gurgle and cracking in lungs

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope. I take no meds. Exercise. Pretty healthy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Any fever?

No fever

Sounds like a viral sinus infection with post nasal drip

That usually runs its course in a week or so

For now I suggest oral probiotics, zinc lozenges and a saline nasal irrigation system along with benadryl or Claritin

If it doesn't stop after another five days you need to have your doctor check it out to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

I am already doing all this. This waa no help to me and not worth the money what so ever. Total rip off. Shame on you

Sorry you were unhappy with my answer and I'm just a user of this site like you--I have nothing to do with the fees

But I'll have customer service refund your deposit