Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I get your opinion on the amount of Wellbutrin used

Hello! Can I get...

Hello! Can I get your opinion on the amount of Wellbutrin used along with an ssri to combat side effects and augment the ssri? I am currently on viibryd and do bey well with it. I added Wellbutrin several years ago and am now up to 450wellbutin. Since I am prone to anxiety I fele feel this may be too much Wellbutrin

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Depression has been chronic however very much under control with antidepressants . Anxiety is pretty chronic as well

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sexual side effects with most SSRIs however vyybrid is the best

3/25/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. I’m glad to hear that you are doing well with your depression/anxiety control on your current medications. I have professional and personal experience with depression/anxiety in terms of family/friends and am always glad to hear of anyone receiving effective treatment and relief. Can you tell please, in addition to the Wellbutrin 450mg, how much Viibryd are you taking?
Thank you for your help
40 mg
You’re welcome, thanks for that information. Wellbutrin has been around for a very long time and is well known to work well in conjunction with SSRI’s, boosting overall antidepressant effects. Currently you are on the maximum dose of both your Viibryd and Wellbutrin at 40mg and 450mg daily. There’s nothing concerning about either dose, both are FDA approved and safe, and as long as they are working well in terms of alleviating your depression and anxiety symptkms without too many untoward side effects such as decreased libido as you mentioned, then you are good to go. Can I help with anything else?
No that is very helpful thank you so much ��!
You’re very welcome. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you.
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD