Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a C2 Fracture that is healing but am having some

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a C2 Fracture that is healing but am having some dizziness that I think is allergy my neck still bothers m getting stiff try to move it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

My rt.shoulder hurts sometimes I have been seen by Specialist No numbness or tingling but pain goes up into lower head

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had breast & uterine Ca. Cancer free for 7 yrs

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 3 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

Do you know if you have a "odontoid fracture"?

"hangman's fracture"?

Something else?

Are you in a hard - cervical collar?

I wear soft collar when needed no I do not know what type
no icannot 50$ I will call my doctor please refund my 5$

OK.

You were seen by a spine surgeon, who recommended the soft collar, correct?

And what specific question did you have for us?

If my dizziness could be from the fracture or my allergies ?

OK.

The dizziness should not be from the fracture.

The fact that you are in a soft collar tells me that the fracture is stable, and healing. Issues with a fracture at C2 could cause neck pain, or pain in the lower back part of the head, but would not cause dizziness.

Allergies that affect your sinuses could play a role in some dizziness, as if you have congestion and inflammation in the sinuses, it could be related to inflammation in the inner ear which could contribute to dizziness.

And one common reason for dizziness is BPPV:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20370060

which can be caused by sudden changes of position of your head.

Best of luck.