Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sometime sever pain in my RLQ, that comes and goes.

I have a sometime...

I have a sometime sever pain in my RLQ, that comes and goes. it comes mostly right after I eat and when I have a bowel movement, however it also just comes seemingly out of nowhere sometimes severe enough to make me bend over.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had it for about 2 weeks and it just comes and goes by its self nothing helps but time the only time it is worse is after I eat and during and after a bowel movement

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do not have a gallbladder, I have a history of pyloricstenosis

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

ok thanks

How severe is your pain in 1to 10 scale? Any belching, bloating, heartburn, acid reflux? It this pain in upper abdomen or lower? Does it feel is spasm or burning?

The pain starts out as like a 5 and progresses to as much as a 10 almost like a contraction, but I am not pregnant. No belching,bloating,heartburn, or acid reflux, however I do pass alot of gas no matter what I eat. The pain is in my lower abdomen and feels kind of like a spasm.

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like anything serious. Most likely it's due to IBS, which can present like this. However, other potential cause of pain in lower abdomen should be explored before making the diagnosis of IBS. IBS is a common functional disorder and tests reports are usually normal. If you have not been evaluated, it' worth getting a blood and urine test along with ultrasound. In the mean time, take rest, use OTC pain meds, drink adequate water, high fiber diet, do regular exercise. There are helpful in IBS. Also, minimize your stress level as it's linked to IBS trigger.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor