Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

My husband is ongoing with radiation 5 days a week for

Customer Question

my husband is ongoing with radiation 5 days a week for prostrate cancer, he is half way through a 8 week process. He is feeling very tired, which was expected but he periodically experiences feelings of an ice cube feeling in his upper chest. He has told the Dr. and didn't seem concerned. This after noon is the first he has told me of this. Itook his blood pressure and it is 122/73 with a heart rated of 123 . Shoulod I call and ambulance?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He had 5 by-pass surgery 12 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well radiotherapy can ause symptoms of chest fullness so it could be because of that . However the heart rate is a bit fast and with history of bypass i would recommend him an ECG if the faat heart rate persists. Its not good for a heart patient generally

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard