Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have the lap band and have been getting horrible cough at…

Customer Question
I have the lap...

I have the lap band and have been getting horrible cough at nice and sounds like I am gurgling. I had a chest xray and that was fine

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Off and one for months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had all of the fluid taken out of my lap band. sometimes cough so bad that phlem comes up i have been eating just salads and soup or protein drinks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you had an EGD?

I have done the test where i drink the barium and stand in front of the xray
the pouch was a little swollen but told to do liquids and that helped the pouch but still cough at night

are you on meds for reflux?

do you have post nasal drip?

i take Mylanta before bed and pantorprazole 20 mg once a day
dont know how to tell about post nasal drip

do you have sinus congestion?

i get a tickle feeling on the back of my throat then start coughing at night i weeze and gurgle sounds like i have smoked for years but i have never smoked
my chest xray was fine i do take an iron pill as i have very low iron

That is probably causing it

post nasal drip is a common cause

I would try flonase OTC and see if that helps

is this helpful?

is that a spray or pill

spray

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this questionI strive for 5 star service for all customersIf you have more questions, just reply. :)