Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am trying to regulate my recently diagnosed hypertension.

I am trying to...

I am trying to regulate my recently diagnosed hypertension. I am on metoprolol and amlodipine I am supposed to be taking my blood pressure twice daily yesterday and today it has been 145/95 to 148/100 do I need to be worried or just contact my cardiologist tomorrow ?

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Definitely all family members last checked by cardiologist 10 days ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Am on Seroquel and trintellix for 2 years

3/25/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long have you been on the metoprolol and the amlodipine and what are the dosages?

metoprolol 150 mg for 2 months amlodipine 5 mg for 6 weeks

Right now your blood pressure isn't dangerously high but it seems obvious you need an increase in your medication

I'd opt for increasing the amlodipine to 10 mg

So let your cardiologist know about this tomorrow

Please let me know if you need any more information