Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing sharp pains between and along the…

I have been experiencing...

I have been experiencing sharp pains between and along the side of my breasts. I am under a lot of stress right now, and I wonder if that could be causing the pain?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have been having it for 3 days now. When I try and relax, take a long walk, keep my mind off my homework, it sometimes goes away.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a 58 year-old woman, pretty healthy, have controlled asthma, and completing my Masters Degree right now.

3/25/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Is it a continuous pain? Is it radiating to your left shoulder or back? Any heartburn, belching, acid reflux? any relation with meal or empty stomach?

It is not radiating to my left shoulder or back. I can experience belching, and it does happen if when I have not eaten. The night before last, it happened all through the night while trying to sleep.

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like a heart related problem. Your symptoms are most likely due to gastritis. You can take OTC prilosec ans see if it helps. You should also avoid foods that may trigger these symptoms. And try not to keep your stomach empty, take small frequent meals.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor