Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How do I get the 72 hour hiv pill

How do I get...

How do I get the 72 hour hiv pill

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No

3/25/2018
Camille-Mod

I'm Camille and I'm a moderator for this topic. While I am not trying to discourage you from getting help from our Experts, I do want you to know that at this time we do not offer prescription service of any kind. Experts can not direct you to a specific Physician for any kind of treatment or services which includes requests for Doctors that can/will write certain medication prescriptions for you as this is handled on a case by case basis by the individual Physicians you may choose for your hands-on care.

Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question. I'm happy to further assist you

Best,
Camille - Moderator

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What time are they online
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you think you have been exposed to HIV, then you can get a prescription to the 72-hour post-exposure prophylaxis very easily from an Urgent Care. Go as soon as possible without wasting time as the PEP is effective during the narrow 72-hour window and the earlier you go the better chances of it being effective.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Can I get hiv from fingering a woman vagina?

If you do not have a cut or a wound on your finger and if the woman is not HIV positive then there is no chance of getting HIV.

If you had a cut or an abrasion on your finger and the woman is in fact HIV positive, then the chances are there but still negligible.

how long after intercourse does the disease live?
How long does the disease live on the finger
Can you please respond?

Thanks for the reply.

The virus can not live for more than few seconds once outside the body and dies within a minute.

it really only infects the body through some type of opening in the body?

Yes, that is correct.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Wish you good health.

Is vaginal less of chance to get the disease? I appreciate your assistance.

You can get a disease by vaginal intercourse but not by just fingering.

Do you know the accuracy percentage for testing at 28 days?

It is over 98 percent for duo test at 28 days.

Please do leave 5 stars at this point.

Best wishes.

Is that the same as antibody test?

its antigen plus antibody test.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
But the disease could take up to 4 months to show itself?
Can you respond please?
The viral test is accurate at 14 days?

14 days are too early and it should be done at 28 days. Yes, the disease can take upto 4 to 6 months.

Best wishes.