Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a sharp intermittent pain in lower left pelvic…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a sharp intermittent pain in lower left pelvic area. Went to emergency room and had blood work and***@******.*** scan

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Ok...just having this pain for about 2=weeks when it suddenly worsened and I thought It was a kidney stone.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have gerd

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Blood work was fine, c.t scan showed no problems. I am 64 year old postmenopausal woman.
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Any backache or urinary symptoms like urgency, frequency, blood? Your age and gender?

No back aches. No blood. Had urine test. Nothing there. Female...64
Maybe a bit more of a desire to urinate but it flows normally. Sometimes discomfort can be felt around pubic bone.ct scan showed no abnexal masses, no osseous lesions, bladder partially distended,

Thanks for the information.

It looks like you were examined and tested properly.

Is this pain in left lower abdomen or in your back? Any blood in stool, belching, bloating, fever?

Lower left pelvic area...no blood, no fever, some gas

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like anything serious. Moreover, you were examined and evaluated and things were ruled out. At your age, pain in that location could be due to diverticulitis, localized inflammation in GI or pelvic organ. It could be also a just trapped gas. IBS can also present like this, but less common at your age. Overall, I don't see it as anything major. You can take rest, urine OTC pain meds, increase your water intake, exercise daily and increase your mobility.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.

Emergency dr. Said maybe ibs. It is just so frustrating to have this reoccurring pain and not know what it is or how to treat it. Ovaries, uterus were all clear on the ct scan

I can understand your frustration. Since your CT was normal, ovaries and uterus related causes are ruled out. IBS possible and it can present like this, it's a functional disorder and all tests would come out as normal. Your can take OTC pepto-bismol and see if you feel better with pain and discomfort. Exercise and high fiber diet is helpful. Also, try to reduce stress as it's linked with IBS.

Regards,

Dr. Shah