Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a baby 5 months ago. Right after I gave birth the had…

Customer Question
I had a baby...

I had a baby 5 months ago. Right after I gave birth the had to do a dnc as the placenta embedded itself in my utterance wall. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but I had a negative blood test and five negative home pregnancy tests. Is it possible that I am pregnant. Should I get an ultrasound to be sure.

Doctor's Assistant: Pregnancy test (~pregnant) Is the baby using any contraceptives? When did their last period begin?

No contraceptives. I had bleeding on the 21 of February but it was light and only two days and then I had bleeding recently which was heavy with clots but only three days. My periods have always been about 4-5 days

Doctor's Assistant: When was their last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

Last Pap test was less than a year ago. Little bit of a yeast infection. No swelling, discolouration at unusual smells.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in their medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing other than I am prone to malignant hyperthermia

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Medical
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 26 days ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

After a recent pregnancy and having a baby, the body is in a state of amenorrhea and it can take a few months for the periods to start getting regular again. If you are breastfeeding, then you can not get pregnant that soon. Pregnancy has symptoms similar to a lot of hormonal fluctuations, so as long as the pregnancy tests are negative and you have had bleeding - you are not pregnant. But if you still want to get an ultrasound done for peace of mind, you can go ahead and get it done.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor