Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have untreated hyperthyroidism, however I take a beta

Customer Question
Hi, I have untreated...

Hi, I have untreated hyperthyroidism, however I take a beta blocker and selenium. Right now I feel very weak and have a fever of 100.5 , and dry mouth, puffy eyes. Is there a need to go to the Er?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

I had the fever sense last night , I do have a resting heart rate of 100 bpm when my beta blocker usually has it at 80

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have untreated pcos and tested negative for Graves’ disease and negative for malignancy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Fever, puffy eyes and feeling very weak, with history of untreated hyperthyroidism warrant blood work.

You may go to an urgent care clinic or ER for the evaluation.

You may do following meanwhile;

1) Plenty of fluids; Gatorade, Pedialyte, Coconut water.

2) Motrin.

3) Vitamin C, probiotics and zinc supplement; raise the body immunity.

4) Rest.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor