Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I always feel pressure behind the head and jaw 5 years ago…

I always feel pressure behind...
I always feel pressure behind the head and jaw 5 years ago what are the causes
3/25/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Welcome dr

First of all I want to inform and also reassure you, the above mentioned type of symptom is not indicative of anything serious in nature

Such chronic or long standing pressure like feeling is due to some kind of benign conditions such as the following;

Tension headache

TMJ (Tempromandibular disorder)

Severe health anxiety

Tension

Nervousness

Stress

Dehydration

Nutritional imbalance

Lack of exercises

Lack of adequate sleep

Muscle spasm etc

As you see the conditions that cause the pressure like feeling behind the head and jaw are all benign conditions

And there is no suspicion for serious conditions such as tumors/cancers, or strokes, bleeding, heart problems, or any other serious health conditions.

You may try the following therapeutic measures to help you;

Adequate rest

Sufficient sleep

Adequate fluid/water intake

Healthy, Nutritious & balanced diet

Daily exercises

Over the counter pain medications

Muscle relaxants such as Tizanidine or Baclofen

A course of physical therapy

Massage therapy etc

Once again I can very categorically reassure you, the above mentioned pressure type symptom behind the head and jaw is not indicative of any serious health conditions such as any tumors/cancers or strokes or heart attacks or bleeding or any other serious health conditions, rather the causes include one or more of the benign conditions mentioned above and please try the earlier mentioned treatments and these treatments can help you in getting relief from this pressure like feeling, and once again this is definitely not due to any serious health conditions, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & professional effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now will not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Thank you very much for your advice Excellent words I am a I do not sleep well and I am very worried because of my heart planning I have a little sleep and tension I wish you a very happy day

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful!

I wish you too a very happy day!

Yes, constant worrying, lack of adequate sleep, tension, stress etc about non-existing heart problem is causing your symptoms such as this pressure behind the head and jaw etc, and this pressure feeling is 100% not due to any serious conditions mentioned earlier above including any heart problems/heart attack etc!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Thanks so much dr

You are very welcome!

I will not do any cardiorespiratory work or enzymes unless I get chest pain

Yes, you are right, unless you develop any severe chest pain then there is no need for any cardiorespiratory workup such as any heart enzymes, or ecg, or x rays, or echo-cardiogram, or cardiac stress test, or coronary angiography/cardiac catheterization, or CT coronary artery calcium scoring, or any other tests. And you are 100% very healthy so you do not need any cardiorespiratory workup!

Good morning thanks very good dr

Good morning, you are very welcome!

Now send question

Appreciate it, I have already posted my answer under the new question, please follow up there for further discussions.