Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having panick attacks so bad that i can't breathe and I…

Customer Question
Hello I'm having panick...

Hello I'm having panick attacks so bad that i can't breathe and I have them like 2-3 times and severe anxiety

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I have been dealing with the severe anxiety for years but the panick attacks has been since my children were taking from me so about 3 years and I have really bad depression i can't sleep I just feel like I'm losing my mind

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not at the moment no

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 28 days ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Have you tried any treatment?

Are you on any medications?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have been on prozac welbutrin I have been on vistiril everything u can think of that don't help really I forgot to mention I am having fatiguness also well a friend or acquaintance actually was telling me she had all the same symptoms and her doctor prescribes Xanax and adderalls and I just really feel like that would help me also because I'm also overweight and the adderall could help with that also

The best way to deal with panic is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there are internet based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response. Alprazolam (Xanax) has been widely used for panic disorder, but it is currently discouraged because of its higher dependence potential. CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as panic, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences.Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve panic symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 27 days ago

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor