Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having a lot of hip pain. The pain is in side my hip and…

Customer Question
I’m having a lot...

I’m having a lot of hip pain. The pain is in side my hip and is more prevalent in the gorIn area it’s starting to really bother me where I can’t sleep or move without extreme pain. Any leads

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain has been off and on for about 3 weeks. Right now nothing is making it feel better I have an ice pack on that hip and have taken pain killers and ibuprofen.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

Do you feel pain in hip joint when walking?

Any discomfort in urination?

25 female
Yes I can feel the pain when I walk
No urine discomfort.
I can’t move this hip without pain.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having hip pain that was off and on for about 3 weeks can be due to various causes.

The most probable causes of hip pain are:
-Hip arthritis
-Trochanteric bursitis
-Tendonitis
-Infection
-Muscle or tendon strain

The most probable cause seems to be hip arthritis or trochanteric bursitis.Arthritis is among the most frequent causes of hip pain.A bursa is a tiny fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body.These bursa sacs can become irritated from injury, excessive pressure, and overuse. Inflammation of a bursa is called bursitis.

You need following tests:

-X-ray of hip joint

-Clinical examination

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this and it is treatable with medications.

As you have already have an ice pack on that hip and have taken pain killers and ibuprofen, I advise you to to please make an appointment with your ortho doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh