Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some issues in the Genital reason and was…

Hi I have been...

Hi I have been having some issues in the Genital reason and was wondering if I could get some answers on what it may be

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

Open blister or sore I’m not exactly sure what they are. And painful when I urinate.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

Have not used any medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I haven’t but have appointment scheduled but need some answers sooner if possible. And no

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Can I send you a picture to help further

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

What are your symptoms?

Please upload a photo.

Duration of symptoms?

History of unprotected sex?

Pain, itching?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I am 19 and a female. Today I noticed a pain while whipping and pain during urination. A small one appeared about 2 days ago. I’ve had unprotected sex with the same person the past year and 4 months.
No itching just pain while whiping and urination.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description and photo, it indicates a possibility of Genital herpes.

Take a cool water bath with an antiseptic solution and keep it dry and clean.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra.
Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric panties.
Avoid sexual activity, popping, scratching.

Use moist toilet paper for wiping.

Maintain a good hydration.

See your doctor for a clinical exam, blood tests and further treatment ASAP.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Are there any other ways to get this other than sex?

Genital herpes is transmitted through sexual contact.

It is not an infection that is passed along on shared utensils, towels or soaps.

Herpes may be transmitted through simple skin-to-skin contact (genital to genital) or through contact with contaminated genital secretions. This implies a risk associated with sexual penetration; vaginal, anal or oral as well as a direct contact without penetration.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor