Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on Nexium for 24 days now I thought I was

improving. However I still have...
I have been on Nexium for 24 days now I thought I was improving. However I still have a feeling sometimes burning or aching left of my
Belly button. Sometimes its worst usually lying down .
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is it better than when you start the medicine?

Have you taken care of your diet?

better and yesterday I almost felt normal . But I woke up a little worse today. I’m eating mostly vegetables ,apples , fibre

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Occasional burning is not worrying.

You are improving.
There can be a little variation of symptom.
You need to follow some life style changes too as you know.
Please avoid tea, chocolate, coffee, alcohol, tobacco which aggravate the condition.
Take bland non spicy, low fat diet.
Avoid late night food.
You can also have the head end of the bed raised by using extra pillow.
You can take liquid antacid sometimes.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Why is burning always in same location ? When do i consider endocopy?

The location is not constant & can vary.

If you feel worsening of your symptoms, you can think of endoscopy.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Location is constant but can vary from barely noticeable to hurting.

Yes.

Ok. So that’s normal ? I’m worried.

Yes, it is normal.

Please do not worry.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Ok