Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For my husband, a loose stool dituation. Had this three

For my husband, a...

For my husband, a loose stool dituation

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Had this three weeks ago. In the hospital for a few days. No apparent cause. Got better the. Started up again.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing at this time

3/24/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

has he been on antibiotics recently? this can cause bowel infections like c diff and cause loose stools and diarrhea

milk and gluten often cause loose stools in older patients. he may have to change his diet and avoid gluten and milk and see if this helps his symptoms.

No antibiotics. No gluten. One piece of cheese yesterday and 1/2 piece this morning. We eat organic and grass fed products.

I see.

eating out at restaurants or not washing your hands can sometimes cause loose stools

eating bananas, rice, cheese, can sometimes help bind up the bowels

drinking bone broth sometimes can help.

thank you. We are familiar with those recommendations. I just need to know when is it time to seek medical intervention?
He’s also had a great deal of trouble sleeping since the hospital. I’m sure that doesn’t help
Should it be white rice?

white rice can help firm up the stools

if he gets worse diarrhea, he can try anti-diarrhea medications like Imodium

usually loose stools is due to something in his diet.

you can keep a food diary for him of what he eats and see what foods may be causing his loose stools

foods usually affects stools after 12-24 hours after eating them

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Thank you so much Dr. David. You have been a great help. God bless you and have. Good evening.

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician