Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had fractured my rib on the 16th of this month, Ann's I'm…

Customer Question
I had fractured...

I had fractured my rib on the 16th of this month, Ann's I'm very sore have A little time breathing. Have A Dr appt on Tuesday. Can't sleep cuzI can't turn berry well

Doctor's Assistant: When did the soreness begin? Have you used any medication for it?

The soreness had increased I cough and tremedness pain

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

Hydrocodone is the only thing that takes the lower

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you fractured your rib

we can't prescribe medications to clients here online.

have you tried a bag of ice wrapped in a towel on the area to help decrease pain

you may benefit from an elastic velcro abdominal wrap to help bind the rib close to you to decrease pain.

No I have not. And I'mA checker at my local store. Not sure if I can return soon. What do you think???

it depends on your pain and how well you are at tolerating pain

you can get an abdominal velcro binder at a local medical supply store or drug store to try to see if that helps your pain

I don't deal with pain at all!

then you may need more time to heal before going back to work.

I may get fired for excessive loss of work for this same situation medical. I MEAN

you should see a primary care doctor and get a medical excuse for your work

we are not allowed to write out medical excuses here for clients.

I'm seeing my DR on Tuesday

that is good

your doctor can give you a note

try icing your ribs with a bag of ice wrapped in a towel to see if that helps