Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you answer questions about high levels of bilirubin? My…

Second opinion] Can you...

Second opinion] Can you answer questions about high levels of bilirubin? My doctor told me it might be Gallstones but I do not think so. I had very little pain, just nausea. I think it may be a more serious problem. Can you have gallstones with out pain? Is there such a thing of false positive with bilirubin blood test? She wants me to do another blood test for bilirubin

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Well this all started with finding out I had Barrett's esophagus and acid reflux. I completely changed my diet. I started getting diarrhea (which has calmed down) but they did blood tests at our patients and found high levels of bilirubin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I never been sick. I used to drink a lot but quit 40 years ago.

I am just wanted to know more. Does gallstones cause nausea
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, gall stones is a possibility and can occur with minimal symptoms. False positive can occur and can be tested again. Ultrasound is the next step which can help in making exact diagnosis. If all the other tests are normal then it does not sound anything of serious nature.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor