Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the symptoms od psoriatic arthritis. None except a…

Customer Question
What are the symptoms...

What are the symptoms od psoriatic arthritis

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

None except a topical steroid

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have psoriasis in my scalp on the back of my head. The topical steroid seems to keep it under control. However, I have muscle pain in my right arm and sometimes other parts of my body. Just wondering if it was possible to have psoriatic arthritis.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling just pain.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago
Connie Pennington

Hello, I am Dr. Pennington. I would like to try and assist.

How old are you? What gender?

Female age 67
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

How long have you had psoriasis? When did the muscle pain start?

I have had the psoriasis since about 2010. The pain has just been in the last year and a half.
Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 4 months ago

OK, well arthritis can be related to psoriasis in 10-20% of people, or it can be unrelated and just typical arthritis.

I do a fair amount of integrative medicine, and there are some really good results of curing psoriasis with that approach if you are interested.

Doctor: Connie Pennington,
 replied 3 months ago

Here is some information that may be useful. Please check out the following article:

https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/treatments/alternative/diet-supplements

Also, here is a comprehensive diet plant that will help you achieve the best results for psoriasis. I have had many patients have tremendous success. Just look it over. (attachment)

This has a lot to do with re-balancing the gut microbiome. I also recommend a good probiotic, like VSL#3 (112.5 billion) twice daily and a good B complex vitamin.

Good luck to you! I am still here if you have questions.