Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

We have a four year old son who tried to give my brother in…

We have a four...

We have a four year old son who tried to give my brother in laws dog a lego to eat. He knows not to do this. His behavior is getting worse. We are not sure what to do. We give time outs, 1,2,3. Nothing phases our son. I am getting worried about his behavior. We are constantly getting his preschool teachers telling us our son spits, pushes, hits, throws food. We are constantly correcting behavior. I am truly at my wits end.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

We have spoken to his Pediatrician, but she said to monitor him. He is on no meds

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Yes we do

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

We adopted him at birth. The only thing we know about his mom is she did drugs for the first four months of pregnancy and then was put in jail for the remaining months. He was the perfect baby. No problems. It has been his toddler years up until now. We do not believe in spanking, so all his punishment is time outs, 123

3/24/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Paediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello and thank you!
Hi...I need some more information before guiding you further about his development and socialization.Please answer my questions below -1. What is the exact date of birth?
2. What was the birth weight?
3. What is the current weight and length of the kid?
4. Did the baby cry immediately after birth?
5. Was the baby breast fed in the first 24 hours of life?
6. When did the baby attain social smile?
7. When did the baby roll over (at what age)?
8. At what age did the baby sit without support?
9. At what age did the baby stand without support?
10. When did the baby start saying mama - dada?
11. Did the baby get seizures any time?
12. How many words does the kid's vocabulary contain now?
13. Does he express his wants by words or by sign language?
14. How is his mingling with other kids and strangers?
15. Does he have stereotyping play or imaginative play?
16. Does any of his biological parents were aggressive or violent and had disruptive behaviour please. I am sorry to ask this. But I need the information please.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. 11-8-2013
2. 8# ***** oz.
3. Currently 56 pounds and 45" tall
4. Yes he did cry
5. No breastfeeding
6.He met all of his developmental milestones ahead of normal babies
7. no seizures
8. He is extremely smart. He can remember anything once taught. He knows how to count to 75, knows the entire alphabet, spell/write his name. He can memorize a book and by memory tell me the exact words from start to finish. He is above average on intelligence
9. With kids he is always wanting to make them laugh, fall down on purpose, take toys at times from others.
10. he does role play and uses his imagination
11. We know nothing on the birth dad. The mother had a history of drug use, ADHD. That is all we know on her.
Hello, thank you for getting back with all the necessary information please.
There might not be any relation to his mother doing drugs in the initial months of pregnancy. Moreover we do not know which drugs she might have used.But another important history which you provided is that the mother was an ADHD which is quite significant.
The violent activities he's displaying at school and the disruptive activities he's displaying with other kids and animals could be a very early pointers towards future ADHD or autism or pervasive developmental disorder (I am sorry for the words, but that's how medical literature describes it).
I suggest that you need to get him evaluated by a clinical psychologist.
Spanking will not at all help and in turn might make him more adamant and recluse.
Psychological assessment definitely is needed.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Thank you so very much. We greatly appreciate it!! That was going to be my next step.