Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a drug interaction with DMSO for my qrthritis. I am…

Is there a drug...

Is there a drug interaction with DMSO for my qrthritis.
I am on metformin, mirapex, syhnthroid, levothryoxin and prilosec is it safe to take dmso with these drugs?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am taking synthroid, mirapex, metformin, levothyroxin and prilosec.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I have arthritis in my back and hands.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I am in good health except for the pain from the arthritis.

3/24/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

are you using DMSO externally to soak into your joints to decrease inflammation to help decrease pain?

is it working for you?

does it smell bad of sulfur?

it shouldn't have interactions with your other medications.

I haven't started using yet. It does not smell of sulfur. I will be rubbing it on my back and hands.
No you can send answer here.

DMSO can change the way your breath smells.

it can help decrease pain and inflammation in some of your joints

you can also try arnica creams as well to see if they help reduce pains

https://www.amazon.com/Heel-Traumeel-S-Ointment-100g/dp/B01LZE57SQ

I have tried arnica cream with some success.

yes, you can try DMSO as well

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician