Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it safe to eat from dishes washed in cold or tepid water?

Is it safe to...

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

I don't have any symptoms of anything, but we lost our hot water, and I want to be sure we can eat safely from dishes washed in cold water.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

We're fairly healthy, so I don't think there's anything else. We're both in our early sixties.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi Dr. Amperayani.
Hello... It is 100% safe to eat from dishes which have been cleaned in cold water. Please do not worry about this at all. But just make sure that you have a dishwashing detergent powder in hand while washing the dishes." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi... I am not able to initiate a call because of a technical Snag in the website.
I would be all the more happy to continue here please if you are willing.
I hope I have just answered your query and I will be happy to continue if you have any further queries regarding this.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Thank you, ***** ***** You have answered my question. I will certainly give you a 5-star rating!
drn.iqtidar
drn.iqtidar, Doctor
Phone call session started

Hi I am dr. Iqtidar an expert on justanswer.com. As long as you use some detergent to clean your dishes it should be perfectly fine even if cold water. If greasy or raw meat has been used then you will need more detergent. For extra peace of mind if your able to boil some water in a kettle and safely use it then you may try that. I feel that with washing up detergent your dishes will be clean regardless of temperature of the water. Hope this answer helps

Regards,

Dr. Iqtidar.