Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just had blood work done for life insurance and it showed…

I just had blood...

I just had blood work done for life insurance and it showed protein in my urine I was just told this yesterday so now I’m scared out of my mind

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

It’s been good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No my cycle was on when they did the urine test and I was taking medication for a tooth that had been pulled like two weeks before the test

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

First of all, how old are you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
41
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello

OK. Normally, the kidney filters out all of the protein from your urine.

There may be a temporary rise in protein in the urine when you are dehydrated, are under extreme stress, have a fever, or exercise a lot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so I need to follow up with a doctor

There are certain other health conditions that can also cause a rise in protein in the urine such as, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, lupus, etc. You would likely have other symptoms aside from protein in the urine though.

Yes, you should follow-up with your doctor about this as they will know your full health history.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to have more lab work done by my doctor to make sure everything is ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank u so much

Yes, you may need additional lab work.

My pleasure!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD