Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband receive a cortisone spinal injection in the lower…

Customer Question
My husband receive a...

My husband receive a cortisone spinal injection in the lower lim a region at Good Samaitan. He is experiencing extreme pain and cannot reach the doctor. She has no answering service. The percent is not helping him. What do I do? He has paying running down his legs and canno put any weight on them .

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. It's just the pain. He was trying heat to help but has burned his back,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Last year he had an artirial bleed I his kidney. He is on medicine for enlarged prostate and high cholesterol nothing else really.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to now that . Has he tried any medications for this at all ?

He has oxycodone acet. 5-325. He is not getting any relief.

He will need a nerve pain medication like gabapentin or pregabalin for this but both are prescription medications so you will need help from your doctor there. If the pain isnt going away with oral drugs then he will need injectibles like tramadol , nalbuphine , morphine etc .

There is nothing much at home that would help so preferably you need to take him to ER .

I hope it answers your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

-