Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How do i get blood test results given to a cop on feb 27 in…

how do i get blood...
how do i get blood test results given to a cop on feb 27 in southold ny
3/24/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, by whom was the blood test physically drawn? And what was the context and type of blood testing? i.e. what tests and why?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
my blood was taken at ELIH in Greenport, ny. they tested for trazadone and tylenol with codeine #3.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ARE YOU THERE DR HAN

Yes, I am here

From the facility itself you should be able to speak with someone there to inquire as to how to receive a copy of your own blood tests results or at least have them forwarded to your own doctor. Having you own doctor's office inquire as to procuring the results might be more effective, if he/she is willing to do so on your behalf. In either case, you legally have a right to see those official results for yourself, since it is your blood and your health. Any other questions?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the drawn blood was given to the arresting cop, he tested it.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
then i spent the night in jail.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
these meds are prescribed by excellent Dr.'s

I see. In that case, I would contact the precinct/jail in which you spent the night and where the blood was drawn. Again, you have a legal right to know exactly what the test results were, and to obtain an official copy for yourself, as per what I wrote above. I would contact each and every doctor's office for the medications you were taking and that were tested for, to assist you in this effort. Ultimately, you may want to consider looking into a lawyer if the above steps fail, but one way or another you have the right to your own blood test results and should be able to get them if you do the above. And since you are under the care of excellent doctors with legitimate medical treatment prescriptions, you should be cleared of wrongdoing.

Anything else I can help with?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no, thank you
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
have a great weekend

You’re very welcome. You too. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Richard Han
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD