Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have bouts of severe itching on a part of my waist. I have…

Customer Question
I have bouts of...

I have bouts of severe itching on a part of my waist. I have this sensation frequently enough that my doctor gave me a hydrocortisone cream and a pills to use if the former doesn't work. Last night I had one of worse episodes and thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Eventually an ice pack on my bare skin and the Levocetirizine helped. I have had shingles twice and now the shingles injection twice, the newest one about 10 days ago. What causes this very painful itching?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take Luvostatin, Trazadon, Effexor, Mirapix, and Omperozole and various supplements like Tumeric, Omega-3, Ginger, etc.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing special in my history.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/24/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Where did you get the herpes zoster shot?

Is there any change in skin color?