Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend and I weren’t being the smartest and we had…

My boyfriend and I...

My boyfriend and I weren’t being the smartest and we had unprotected sex a few times. He pulled out with plenty of time but I’ve beeb reading left over cum can be in the precum and can get you pregnant. I’m really scared. I took the morning after pill. And my period doesn’t start until the 12th of April. I don’t know what to do and it’s too early to take a pregnancy test right?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I don’t take any medications

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

When was your last period?

On what date you have the unprotected sex?

How many hours after sex you took the morning after pill?

My last period was March 12th.It was multiple days after that. It was a pretty active time. 17th, 18th, 19th, maybe and the 21st. I took the morning after pill on the 22nd.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very slim chance (almost nil chance)of pregnancy here.

Firstly you took the morning after pill after sex.Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception) can be used as birth control measure to prevent pregnancy up to five days after unprotected sex.The effectiveness of the emergency contraceptive pill decreases over time. If it is taken within 24 hours of having unprotected sex, it prevents 95% of pregnancies.

Second,you were not in ovulation period.A female is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.

Third,your boy friend pulls out there was no ejaculation in vagina (precum is less likely to cause pregnancy).

So considering all the factors,this cannot result in pregnancy.

Nothing to worry here.

Please be relaxed.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Today is my ovulation day and we haven’t had sex since the 21st. So though all those other times happened I should be fine?Should I wait to see if I get my period then take a pregnancy test or should I take one before or not at all.I just feel like I’ve been reading all this stuff online saying that I could get pregnant from cum from previous ejaculations that stayed in the urethra then was released in the precum during intercourse and apparently guys don’t know when that is released?
But my boyfriend pulled out very early before he came...I am getting an iud Thursday so we won’t be unprotected and since then we aren’t have sex until I am on birth control.So I shouldn’t worry about being pregnant?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very slim chance (almost nil chance) of pregnancy here.

A female is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.

You had sex when you were not in ovulation period.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period (expected date of your period) will usually give a more accurate answer.

Having a pregnancy test now will be too early. I advise you to wait atleast 2 weeks from now.

Please don't search on internet. Many of the articles, are written by unprofessional, and may only lead to stress and worry.

We at just answer are real experienced professionals.

Considering all the factors I can say that there is very very slim chance (almost nil chance)of pregnancy here).

Its good decision that you are getting an iud & yes,avoid sex till you are fully protected by birth control pills/IUD.

So nothing to worry here.Please be relaxed.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

One last question is what is the difference between fertility in the cycle and ovulation? I’m just confused.Thank you for your answers. I feel much better about it. And I feel more at peace that you think there is a high chance that I am not pregnant correct?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Fertility period and ovulation period are almost the same.

Generally, the most chances of pregnancy is when sex happens 1-2 days before ovulation.

Your sexual intercourse was far way from ovulation.

Yes,there is high chance that you are NOT pregnant.

Please do not worry.

All the 3 factors explained above are in your favour.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr. Josh,Thank you for all of your help I greatly appreciate it. I am definitely more at ease. Thank you thank you.I will be sure to rate you!

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

God bless. No need to thank me. Thank you!!

Good luck.
Stay blessed.